When you just have to express your anger and rage, do it safely. Keep it boundaried (see last week's
log) Stay absolutely focused. Then:
- Bash a tennis racquet or foam-on-a-stick against a pile of pillows. Make sounds in your throat.
- Say whatever you want to say to your abuser(s), sergeant major, corporal, boss, grandfather,
- Say whatever you've always wanted to say to your priest,coach, elder, government official, mother, cousin, brother, sister - anyone you like, dead or alive;
- Walk. Walk, walk until you simmer down or wear yourself out, whichever comes first. If you have a dog, announce that you have to take it for a walk. (Pam's idea. Thank you, Pam.)
- Kick water at the swimming pool, in the river, at the ocean, in the lake. Imagine you're kicking your abuser.
- Dance up a storm to loud music.
- Sing at the top of your voice.
- Skip rope.
- Play sports.
- Go to a place where you can yell and scream in privacy. Great on a windy day in the countryside. You may want to yell particular words. YES, swear words are okay.
- Stuff a a towel in your mouth and yell. If you're worried about the neighbours or of frightening your children, do this in the shower or bath tub with the water running.
- Smash old china against a wall or into a garbage can, preferably outside to prevent injury.
- More ideas next week. Meanwhile, write down a few of your own to add to this list.
- Write me your ideas. I'm interested to know so I can share them on next week's list. No names, ok?